On Dec 27, 2010, at 12:13 PM, reyelts wrote:

> I do "wget --no-clobber --directory-prefix=blah
> http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/web2py_src.zip"; followed by
> "unzip -o -q..." to unravel the file. For both web2py_src.zip and
> web2py_win.zip, I got "version". In both cases, other file names with
> uppercase characters were extracted normally (like "Makefile" in the
> src package and "NEWINSTALL" in the win package). So, files were not
> indiscriminately renamed to lower case. I have not tried to repeat
> sine the original occurrence... will try that later when I have a
> faster connection for the download.

Unfortunately, I can't try this on Windows, so I'm doing it on OS X. Using your
wget options, I see this:

blah $ unzip -l web2py_src.zip | grep -i version
       37  12-22-10 09:31   web2py/VERSION

blah $ unzip -l web2py_win.zip | grep -i version
       37  12-22-10 09:33   web2py/VERSION

If I create web2py/version first, it gets overwritten with web2py/VERSION when
I do the unzip (since OS X's default file system, like Windows', is not
case-senstive).

Is it possible that you had a 'version' there to begin with? If so, perhaps
it's a Windows unzip peculiarity.