By way of explanation...

My parse_url patch today is strictly refactoring, with no functional
change--another in a series of patches to make URL rewriting more modular.

The Rocket patch is slightly more than cosmetic, in a development context. New
worker threads, beyond the first default thread pool, did not have setDaemon
set to True. This ordinarily is of no consequence. However, if you had a
request running in one of those threads, and the request got stuck in a loop
(hung), then sending SIGTERM to web2py would fail to terminate that thread, and
you'd have to use SIGKILL (kill -9) to get web2py to quit.

setDaemon tells the thread logic that the thread in question can be terminated
without waiting for it to stop itself, which is what we want in this case.

This is only likely to happen in testing, I imagine, and even then only if
Rocket needed to create additional worker threads, and even then only if the
hung process was running in one of the newer threads. So not a big deal....