> My main concerns about this way are:
> - the complexity of having runphp working

there is no complexity but it is reeeeally slow.

> - the work on the templates : I guess that I have to put the php
> templates in the view folder but I don't see exactly what else I have
> to do on them

Or move them in views/php and make a web2py controller php.py with one
action for each file . wiht the instructions above you will be able to
inject both web2py tags {{...}} and php tags <?...?>

> - do I have to tweak routes.py ? in the same way as above ?
It depends on the original files. Probably yes.

Why not look at this first:

http://www.web2py.com/php