I think the easiest way is building virtual fields for that.

You can use powerTable plugin, which can do that in JavaScript using this
feature of datatables http://datatables.net/examples/api/counter_column.html

virtual fields works in this way:

class Virtual(object):
    def delete(self):
            return
TAG.BUTTON(T('DELETE'),_class='deletebutton',_onclick='deleteRow(event,%s);'
% self.products.id)

rows = db(db.items.order = order.id).select()

rows.setvirtualfields(virtual=Virtual())

Now you got in rows an delete object: for row in rows: print
row.virtual.delete Will return the HTML of the delete Button.

This might works with SQLTABLE.

--

Bruno Rocha
http://about.me/rochacbruno/bio