The fields parameter is ignored by crud.search(). I took a peek at the
source <http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/browse/gluon/tools.py>, and
fields is defined on line 3064 of Crud.search(), but never used.

Also, if a field has an IS_IN_SET() validator, the crud.search() form gives
a "Value not allowed" error unless the form input matches a value in the set
exactly. This can be difficult, as the actual input is just a text field.
Additionally, "contains" searches are impossible.

Is there any way to:
1. Disable the IS_IN_SET() validator just for crud.search()
2. Make Crud.search() searches case insensitive
3. Turn the Crud.search() input field into an options/multiple widget based
on the IS_IN_SET() validator (while still allowing free text input for
"contains" searches)

I suppose I need to make a custom form instead of using CRUD. I'm just
making a quick throw-away prototype, though, so those features would come in
handy.

I'm using Web2Py v1.89.5.

John