On Jan 3, 2011, at 9:20 AM, mdipierro wrote:

> Yes they can. They should all run from the main web2py folder (do not
> use os.chdir(...)!)

Digression: I'd like to fix that eventually. It's not so bad to require the cwd
to be web2py for startup, but it shouldn't matter after that.

> the only issue is that cron jobs do not have access to stdout so they
> cannot print.
> You can use the logging module or print to a file.

That can be true of web2py in general. stdout is the console when web2py is run
from the command line, but in general (especially when it's started from a
system-startup rc file) there's no telling what stdout is--if indeed it's
anything at all.