Does/Can web2py store tzinfo in the datetime by the datepicker so that
we can do time conversion easily to server time or UTC time. Time
conversion was hell for me for the past two days.

How is this issue typically approached?

For my case, it has to be accurate as tasks are scheduled client side
so that it is accurately executed as per server time in UTC (on GAE
actually). Atm, I'm using a timedelta offest hack based on my client's
fixed timezone. Weirdly I have to provide a minus 20 minutes on top of
the +8 hours to approximately synchronise to the server time.

I know, its bad and its a hack.