As far as I can tell, the change in trunk didn't have any effect for me. I'm
on Windows 7 with Python 2.7.1 (just using the built-in Rocket server). I
added the following code to the top of default.py (outside any functions) in
the welcome app:

class Foo(object):
    def __del__(self):
        pass
foo = Foo()
foo.payload = [1] * 1000000

I then load the index page of the welcome app and start watching my
python.exe process memory in the Windows Task Manager. Every time I reload
the page (by hitting F5), the memory increases by about 7MB, which is
exactly the same behavior I observe when running the same experiment in
1.91.6 (i.e., before gc was added). These large memory increases do not
occur when I remove the above code from default.py. Am I doing something
wrong?

I'm also wondering if there may be a small memory leak either in the
framework or the welcome app, even without the above code. I notice that
when I reload the welcome app index page (without the above code), I still
get small memory increases, on the order of a few KB per reload. It's not
consistent -- sometimes a few KB, sometimes a bit more, sometimes no
increase at all -- but memory does consistently creep up as I keep reloading
(both in trunk and in 1.91.6). Is that expected behavior?

Thanks.

Anthony