In 1.91.1 we moved from our own shell to the google shell:

http://shell.appspot.com/

this is because the google shell works on google app engine. The
problem is that the bug is in the google shell which we use (you can
reproduce the problem there). I have submitted a bug report to the
authors a few days ago.

If this is not addresses in a few weeks we will consider reverting to
our own implementation. If I have time I will try fix myself and send
them a patch. Perhaps other people may want to take a look in gluon/
contrib/shell.py

Massimo