...or maybe the problem lies int this function in the controller file:
def admin():
        records = db().select(custom_auth_table.ALL,
orderby=custom_auth_table.username)
        form = SQLFORM(db[auth.settings.table_user_name])
        if form.accepts(request.post_vars, session):
                session.flash = 'saved.'
                redirect(URL('admin'))
        return dict(form=form, records=records)