I would really look at the Massimo's "audit trail" sample to do what
you are saying (or a mix of both?)... This is how I manage the request
app I mentioned (Like a recipe : many tables with few Fields (like
name:value) are put together... with a large enough inventory of
tables it becomes easy to extend and  move forward with changing
demand... Anyways, I still need to try a few things that you mentioned
yesterday... The mental picture I keep in the back of my mind when
looking at what you sent looks like something I would use to manage
monthly bills (add a field for a new bill, and link it to a
category)... Here I would use a drop down to choose a table (like work
expense, or house expense, or kids, etc.... )... Does that define what
you are looking to do?