Hey,

Its in-house (mostly all python) automation framework for
builds&releases, and other process specific tasks (and acts a the
interface between test and releas automation). Its all up and running
as it is, and is doing a great job. So, I;m doing some feature
development now that the foundation is up and running. The  way I made
layout the code structure means there is no separation beween blueLite
(the automation) and web2py.. one can work on its own independently
from the other if needed (but made to work together). I can launch
web2py (the web app0 and serve applications, and those applications
that act as front end to blueLite make reference to the blueLite
modules s well.

So, it came as a surprise a little while when different team had asked
to use the framework, but the ask mad lit of sense to. Since the whole
thing is basically "dump to ds and run", new uses are coming up. Teams
use it for continues build/integration in their sandboxes, dev folks
use it on there desktop or laptop, and this a support fully, because
they try to match as close as possible the actual production
environment, and that often starts with the tooling. Some of the folks
that want to make use of it and that are not that technical, find that
having to launch a webApp + browser intimidated (even though its
not)... so, pyQT can quell that "fear" of os the unknown for them. its
the same thing really, but... the idea of having the ability to verify
dev/build data on someone's desktop is quite appealing to them. The
setup os the same, but the server part becomes invisible... almost
like giving someone a placebo... as long as they believe it ;)  So, s
mentioned, when we will be able to dump a fully deployable web2py (as
in dump and deploy, one click), things should start to get
interesting :)

so it ends up like this:

they use a browser (that doesn't look like a browser - actually a
browser that doesn't enable browsing), and they are happy... the only
requirement is that they install python, which they can download
internally n=on the corporate network, with a nice page with very
simple instruction, to the letter (which always makes me giggle,
because some are so focused on the litte detail that don;t make much
of a difference ;)).

You ever hear of the Peter principle? this is it, at its best! :)

Mart :)