Hello,

Today I got web2py running on EC2 and it wasn't too bad despite my
unix newbie status, but now I've run into a strange problem.

The app connects to a remote MySQL database. This database was
partially created and filled directly through MySQL, then we connected
web2py and let it manage further table creation and updates through
the DAL. This all went fine and it works locally, but on the EC2
server, web2py apparently isn't recognizing the tables that we
originally added through MySQL. Attempting to use these tables with
db[tablename] gives a KeyError. Tables that were automatically created
by web2py work fine.

All the the tables are set with 'fake_migrate=True'. On the server,
I've tried both syncing the database folders exactly, letting web2py
generate its own, and many combinations of these two with
migrate=True, fake_migrate=True, both omitted, migrate for the
original tables, fake for the others, etc. etc. No luck.

Any ideas?

-Dane