it's completely possibile and URL designing in web2py is easy ....
adhere to RESTfulness is a piece of cake. It is a challenge to
understand what do you imply saying "RESTful" and to be honest there
are strict or lazy ways to stick to the "REST bible"...

I'm not an Iphone dev but, admitted that you need a simple "Yes, there
is a user with that login and psword" or "Nope, I couldn't find it" as
messages for positive and negative response ... it won't take more
than 10 lines of code.

Tell us "what it should like" and we'll give you something better