I suppose this is mentioned in the Change Log by:
"on_failed_authorization can be a function, thanks Niphold"

How is this used? could the function be a lambda, does it take params,
is it an action (i.e. a controller function)?

Also, is it possible to allow the usual login redirection in case it
is not a service call? I'm thinking in these lines:

def theFunction():
    if request.function == 'call':
        # return case forservice call
    else:
        # redirect to login form

This would be useful for publishing the same service both for browsers
and for other apps, like it is mentioned in
p://www.web2pyslices.com/main/slices/take_slice/48
(see "Authentication"). This solution would also be useful for other
non-browser-based clients. Would it work? How is the function used?

Txs,
Miguel