right... ok, I get that.

So, is there a way to connect a new network connection to an existing
sqlite db? I tried some suggestion from a posting of a few weeks ago,
and it seems to connect, but tables are 'invisible'.

** Note **
some dbs are created from script (no web), still web2py (just no web,
like __2py ;)) and others are created/maintained in a deployed web2py
environment. Possible? can I for example have a script (DAL stand-
alone), connect to a fully deployed web2py's DB? Actually, the
scenario can be web2py app connects to another web2py app (on the same
or different server), can also be stand alone DAL to stand-alone DAL,
or stand-alone-DAL to web2py server, or web2py server to stand-alone
DALs db....

Thanks,
Mart:)