I have a case were I catch a js event and need to logout. So I tried
to send a request via AJAX to .../index/logout  the request gets there
and but it isn't reseting auth here is my logout function
def logout():
        session.authorized = None
        session.auth = None
        session.forget()
        redirect(URL(r=request, f='index'))

this returns the login page to ajax request and I get the loging page
in the request text. I couldn't figure out how to get this back to the
browser so tried location.href = ' url to index'

This in turn takes me to the index method in the controller, however
the @auth.requires_login() doesnt think that auth is None and in fact
it isn't.
I found that if I add session.clear() to the logout function all works
OK. Is there an explanation for this. If nothing else, maybe the
session.clear() should be included in distro.

thanks,

max