I am complete newbie to web based application design, and new to
web2py, so apologies if the answer is obvious.  I am doing a simple to
do list application as a learning exercise, and so far has been the
right balance between enough complexity to force learning a few things
without being overwhelming.

However, I have hit a small item and don't know how to address.  When
I run the app using the web2py server, all pages render fine.  When I
run the GAE development environment locally, all pages render fine.
When I upload to GAE, some of the pages include the following text at
the start of the page (rest of page renders fine) and some pages
render the same as they do in the other two environments.

The rendered page code (when a problem) looks like this:

Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-
check=0

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd";>

Could someone kindly point me in the right direction?