I'm doing something similar for configuration, but I'd really like to
find a way to detect this setting automatically instead of setting a
flag which just adds needless complexity to my git deployments. All I
really need is a way to reliably check the full url of my app as the
client sees it, and I need it to be available when the first models
are being exec'd.