Do you have the latest version of the plugin?

Demo app and newest plugin version in: https://bitbucket.org/rochacbruno/
powertable/downloads

----
Hi,

I could not reproduce your model, but here it is my example app running.

<MODEL>
db.define_table('category',
                Field('name'),
                )

db.define_table('product',
                Field('category_id',db.category,
                    represent=lambda r:r.name,
                    requires=IS_IN_DB(db,db.category.id,'%(name)s')),
                Field('name'),
                Field('description'),
                Field('price','double'),
                Field('quantity','integer')
                )
</MODEL>

<CONTROLLER>
def index():
    """
    Test powerTable
    """
    table = plugins.powerTable
    table.datasource = db.product

    table.keycolumn = 'product.id'
    table.showkeycolumn = False
    table.extra = dict(
                       details={'detailscallback':URL('*myfunction*.load')}
                       )

    table = table.create()

    return locals()

def *myfunction*():
    """
    return a custom object to be inserted in detail for table
    """
    obj = DIV()
    obj.append(H1('Title for my details'))
    obj.append(SQLFORM(db.product))
    obj.append(SQLTABLE(db(db.category).select()))
    obj.append(A('powertable',_href='http://bitbucket.org/rochacbruno/
powertable'))

    # return locals(), which has only one object 'obj'
    return locals()
</CONTROLLER>

*Screenshots*:

Table: http://awesomescreenshot.com/05d6rcxbc

Expanded details: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0706rcv8b

AjaxCallback: http://awesomescreenshot.com/08a6rd793

Demo app and newest plugin version in: https://bitbucket.org/rochacbruno/
powertable/downloads

*Note*: powerTable plugin is an alpha version, too much work in progress, I
am working to fix many issues people reported, any suggestion or help are
apreciated.

Thanks

--
Bruno Rocha