Yes, the script is buggy, alright.

To begin with, the field ID was supposed to be skipped altogether according
to the code. The line

if field[0] == 'id':

should have been

if field[0].lower() == 'id':

for the ID field to be skipped successfully.

Anyway, its a relief that the my app does not break in the lastest version
of web2py. I was just taking my baby steps into deployment in a real world
scenario to see web2py in action and my small app in deployment. Boy, am I
going to get a high on this!

However, the issue of the following thread still remains:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/web2py/oMZNXQxmBvM/discussion

I don't know if it was appropriate to send a mail directly to you, which is
what i did. Its just that there was not even a single poster reading it in
12 hours.

Any way, thanks.

Just like to share with you that my python coding improved helluva lot
because of web2py, because I was determined to make web2py my framework of
choice. (I was about to use PHP / Codeigniter). And guess what, I have
modified my .py modules in such a way that it can work either via import by
web2py or by directly executing the module. I now can re-use so many of my
previously written modules in python (with sloppy coding, of course! I will
be polishing it in due course).

I was about to use wxPython for the GUI, which itself has a steep learning
curve. Now making a GUI with web2py is such a piece of cake, and with ajax
in tow via JQuery, the browser can react instantly to the users input giving
the desktop interface feel.