hello,

i'm a little bit confused about how the connectionstring should look fro
coupling a remote mssql
database through odbc.

I was first searching for a odbc connecting string,
and I'm finding that odbc is not considered as database engine but as a
protocol ???

Both the databasename and the DSN name in the ODBC definition is "test"

I can connect to the database with:
    conn = pyodbc.connect ( 'DSN=test; UID=z571117' )
    print conn

Now with the DAL, I tried several constructs (the constructs below are also
tried with the correct
password), and none of them seem to work

    Database_Name = r'mssql://z571117:@test/test'
    Database_Name = r'mssql://z571117:@test'
    Database_Name = r'mssql://z571117:@localhost/test'
    Database_Name = r'mssql://z571117:/test'
    My_DB = DAL ( Database_Name )

What shpuld the connectionstring look like ?

Do I have to specify an alias in the ODBC manager or can I do without ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki