Massimo,

I am finally getting around to implementing upload fields that store the actual uploaded file in Rackspace Cloud Files instead of in the local filesystem or in the database. Thank you for adding custom_retrieve to Field in 1.92.

I will need custom_delete, too, of course. (Sorry for not realizing it before.) I read through DAL.py in preparation for implementing custom_delete and was surprised to see that Field handles store and retrieve but Set handles delete. It seems to me that Set ought to delegate the actual deletion to Field but I am new to your code so perhaps I am missing something.

I am inclined to write Field.delete() and update Set.delete_uploaded_files() to call Field.delete(). This will allow me to neatly implement custom_delete within Field. And, of course, I will send the code back to you.

I would very much appreciate your thoughts. And if you think that I should move this to web2py-developers, just say the word.

Thanks,
    -- Art Z.

--

Art Zemon, President