Hello Bruno,

What do you think of using web2py service JSONRPC?

So we need function to deal with those call from DataTables :

intiDisplayStartDisplay start pointintiDisplayLengthNumber of records to
displayintiColumnsNumber of columns being displayed (useful for getting
individual column search info)stringsSearchGlobal search fieldboolean
bEscapeRegexGlobal search is regex or notbooleanbSortable_*(int)*Indicator
for if a column is flagged as sortable or not on the client-sideboolean
bSearchable_*(int)*Indicator for if a column is flagged as searchable or not
on the client-sidestringsSearch_*(int)*Individual column filterboolean
bEscapeRegex_*(int)*Individual column filter is regex or
notintiSortingColsNumber
of columns to sort onintiSortCol_*(int)*Column being sorted on (you will
need to decode this number for your database)stringsSortDir_*(int)*Direction
to be sorted - "desc" or "asc". *Note that the prefix for this variable is
wrong in 1.5.x where iSortDir_(int)was used)*stringsEchoInformation for
DataTables to use for rendering

Here the reference :
http://www.datatables.net/usage/server-side

I am searching where to start to solve the server side issue of
PowerTable...

Richard