Hi- last night I wanted to change my database name (postgres) and make
a couple of small changes.. So, I exported the six tables or so
to .csv via the admin pages, then dropped my database, made the change
in the DAL connection string, created a new database, and hit go..
  That didnt work.. so I changed the migrate flag to True in db.py,
that was better.
But then when I went to import via the .csv's I had just created, the
imports failed.
  Going directly to postgres and using its \copy function *on the
unmodified .csv files* worked fine.. hmmm
  I then made the changes to the model I wanted, set migrate to True,
and ran again.. this time, one of the changes was to my postgres-VIEW-
as-table, I got a somewhat misleading error msg, btu checking the
postgres logs, quickly found the issue (cant do that with a VIEW) and
fixed it manually..
  All in all, far less straightforward than I had hoped...

  Do the pros here have a sequence for backing up a database and
restoring it, with web2py ?  also, I am curious about how to move from
one data store to another..   thanks in advance  -Brian