On Mar 6, 2011, at 3:57 PM, Haros wrote:

> Thank you for the quick reply Jonathan.
>
> It's true that syntax for domain mapping has become very easy and also
> can be used with different webservers, but I find this way a bit
> unefficient when it comes to many domains / applications.
>
> I would be glad though if anyone could provide some help about the
> apache config file. I can't believe that everyone using web2py on
> apache uses routes to handle domains :P

I think that configuring apache vhosts ought to be straightforward (and
independent of web2py); I just don't know how to do it.

My point, though, is that I don't see why you couldn't get equivalent
performance with wsgi directly, if Apache and wsgi and configured correctly (in
particular, with enough processes). But I'm no expert on the subject.

> Oh, one more question. The routes method does it affect somehow the
> SEO process? I mean, is it better / worse / same as handling domains
> using apache for search engines?

I don't think a search engine could tell the difference, if the two
configurations use the same URL scheme.