Would that impact appadmin?  Just going to app/appadmin/index takes
15-20 seconds, and viewing a table in the admin interface takes almost
30 seconds, even for a table of only 50 rows.  It seems that something
is bogging down the whole thing, not specific functions or
controllers.
Since database size was the only change, I'm assuming it was the root
cause, yet I can't figure out why a larger database would cause a
slowdown for the whole application.  It would make sense to me if the
controllers that were hitting large tables or doing joins were slow,
but I am confused as to why everything across the board would be so
slow.

Thanks for any help.