I am starting to learn javascript and am thinking of using more jquery and
jquery UI  and ajax elements in my applications and would appreciate on how
to approach it:

1. Starting with javascript tutorials (e.g. from developer.mozilla.org)  and
move on to jquery tutorials and later on to how web2py uses them.
2. Starting with web2py-customised jquery elements (or do you call them
'components') and try to explore that further.

I have looked at some jquery-related slices and it seems that the way to
include jquery ui stuff in web2py is not that straight forward.  Some of the
slices' have outdated documentation.  The documentation for
http://web2pyslices.com/main/slices/take_slice/11 for example is no longer
used by the latest code one can download from a link on the slice.

Also: I have seen that for example jqgrid has a lot more capabilities that
is available in the plugin-wiki.  I would like to learn how to use for
example more complicated datasources with jqgrid and subtables when clicked
on a row of data linked to other tables.

Regards
Johann

--
 May grace and peace be yours in abundance through the full knowledge of God
and of Jesus our Lord!  His divine power has given us everything we need for