Given a user ID with ID of 1
and a group with ID of 1 and role = "Super Admin"
and an entry in auth_membership to tie the two together so that user 1 is a
member of group 1 I can do:

True

but if I do:

False

(I'm running latest trunk)
Am I being stupid here? I'm following the syntax as described in the book:

"""
auth.has_membership(group_id, user_id, role)

checks whether user_id has membership of the group group_id or the group
with the specified role. Only group_id or role should be passed to the
function, not both. If the user_id is not specified, then web2py assumes the
current logged-in user.
"""