Christian,

Thanks

yes, as a GAE user you *need* to have app.yaml, index.yaml, and queue.yaml
> in your source control (right now they get overwritten on upgrade so you
> want them backed up).  most people also need to have routes.py in their
> source control.

Ok. It seems that I need to have the web2py directory as my version control
root rather than web2py/applications/myapp

> when i want to test out new things from trunk, i have an hg repository of
> trunk and i just symlink the application that i want to test into that
> directory.  usually works without too much fuss.

And because I am using GAE I'll need to symlink the yaml files as well.

Thanks

Dave
--
Dave Warnock: http://42.blogs.warnock.me.uk