On Mar 18, 2011, at 2:31 PM, metaperl wrote:

> The archives have 3 instances of this problem, but their solutions do
> not apply to me. Here is a link to the ticket for the failed
> application creation:
>
> http://static.livingcosmos.org/tmp/127.0.0.1.2011-03-18.17-17-30.156fa84f-4485-4a40-937d-6bb44d73d60f.html
>
> All I tried to do was create a single table with 3 string files NOT
> NULL.
>
> I did not mess with any other defaults.
>
> The only unusual thing about the whole procedure was when I
> accidentally hit "+" and added a blank table after my table and hit
> submit. At that point, web2py went back to the table creation screen
> and only made one table.

I'm not very familiar with this code, but...

The problem appears to be that, in the wizard, the application name is
initialized to '' (an empty string). If you try to use any application link
before a name has been successfully assigned, you'll get this error, since
URL() can't create a URL without an application name.

Whoever does the wizard coding might want to disable the new-application links
until it has a name.