I was going to take a shot at building my own windows exe version of web2py
and see if I could get pyodbc included, but ran into a problem.  I started
out with the source distribution of web2py 1.94.5. and then ran
> python setup_exe.py web2py

Everything seems to start building OK until it begins to try copying the
data files. Setup throws warnings for NEWINSTALL, ABOUT, LICENSE & VERSION
(btw, splashlogo.gif is missing from the list but needed) because there
isn't a destination directory specified.  Then as soon as it tries to copy
the applications it dies with the following

    error: can't copy 'applications\examples\controllers': doesn't exist or
not a regular file

The 'applications\examples\controllers' directory is certainly there, so I'm
not sure what's wrong.

If I remove the lines in setup_exe.py that add in
          [x for x in reglob('applications/examples')] + \
          [x for x in reglob('applications/welcome')] + \
          [x for x in reglob('applications/admin')]
then the exe appears to build ok and runs if I copy in the data files from
the source dist, but I assume that since the applications are mentioned in
the official source they're supposed to be included in the build
automatically.

Massimo, how do you build the Windows version of web2py?