Jonathan was talking about how the w2p is generated. It's only a compressed
file: tar.gz. Always you can digg in the code
http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/browse/gluon/fileutils.py#183 and
http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/browse/gluon/fileutils.py#218 make
your own that only include the files and the subdirectorys that you want. Or
search in the web about "python make tar.gz" or compress file.

--
My blog: http://martin.tecnodoc.com.ar
Expert4Solution: http://www.experts4solutions.com/e4s/default/expert/6