I think, he may be inquiring about workflow capabilities? If so, I
don;t think web2py has workflow built in (I could be wrong), but can
be concocted in a few different ways (depends on effort, time &
interest ;) ). If I remember, Massimo's conferencing app had some
workflow features (something like submitting articles -. going to
review -> acceptance/refusal (i think), etc...  based on roles.

So, if workflow is the question, I would start there (although there
may be more examples as well). Role definitions and workflow design
can be an art in it self (some companies are dedicated to that)... so,
inspiration could be had there as well (I.e. check out Adobe
LiveCycle, on-line descriptions i believe have good description of
process - may be a good starting point for ideas)

Hope I win the guess ;)
Mart :)