It does not copy the DATA from your database.  But the STRUCTURE is
defined by the Python files in the "models" area.  Your new
application should create a new instance of the database with all
tables initially empty.

If you want to copy your table data, you can export the database to a
CSV file and import it to another machine.  There is a description of
it in the online book:

http://web2py.com/book/default/chapter/06#CSV-%28all-tables-at-once%29

-- Joe B.