so, I installed the the pre-built bins for macos from
http://www.postgresql.org/download/ and when trying to connect to a
remote DB, i get the 'psycopg2 is not defined' exception.  A few days
ago, Massimo pointed me to what seems like the obvious solution now
(for windows) ;) "install psycopg2". That worked well :) but on mac,
it seems a little different 1) the quantity of stuff to download is
enormous compared to what was needed for windows...  and 2) not as
intuitive (which is a little surprising).

Does anyone know, what it is exactly I should be installing? I'm on
macos, 10.6.something, and postgreSQL is 9.0.3.

Thanks and any help is appreciated,
Mart :)