Register yourself

You can then disable registration via:

   auth.settings.actions_disabled.append('register')

You can register other people via appadmin or make your own action

   @auth.requires_memmebership('administrator')
   def register(): return dict(form=crud.create(db.auth_user))

Once you have auth in place they way you want check out the chat
example in

   gluon/contrib/comet_messaging.py

It comes with web2py uses web2py auth, provides chat with html5
websockets and chat rooms.