Hi,

I'm trying to do these 2 things:

1)
I have a directory structure which stores sioftware builds (many
builds daily), all versioned and sortable, many products, branches,
blablabla..., alright.

i would like new arrivals to "magically" announce their arrival in
some section of a web page (but without having to refresh the page).
This may at time appear to be scrolling (at least, that's the desired
affect).

2) similar...
each build has a set of logs/reports (most of which is stored in a
DB). I would like to have some of that data follow those magically
appearing build paths and effectively slide down the column along with
the build announcement...

Anybody have an idea? a direction or something to look at for ideas? I
just need the mechanics on how something like that can be setup in a
web page... an alternative would be an embedded Flex app, which can be
easily achieved, but I would rather not go there....

Thanks a bunch in advance,
Mart :)