On Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:36:53 PM UTC-4, niknok wrote:

> I just noticed that my apps' web-based shell isn't working. I don't see any
> errors, there are simply no results of any commands I input in the lower
> screen. Not even a simple "print 'hello world'" works. So what else do I
> need to check? (P.S. The shell of other apps are working fine.)

I have the same problem in IE8 on Windows 7. However, it does work in
Chrome. Note, the browser-based shell in admin has some limitations, so some
things won't work at all (even in Chrome). To get full shell functionality,
you can get into a regular Python shell by starting web2py with command line
arguments, as explained here:
http://web2py.com/book/default/chapter/04#Command-Line-Options. For example:

python web2py.py -S yourapp -M -N

will run 'yourapp' in the Python shell (-M runs your models, and -N turns
off cron). If you've got IPython installed, it will start in IPython (unless
you add the -P command line argument to use the regular Python shell).

Also, see http://web2py.com/book/default/chapter/04#Execution-Environment.

Anthony