I use this code for updating multiple records,  maybe you could use
something similar for inserts.

---- controller ------
myrecords=db(query).select(db.table.ALL)
if form.accepts ...
    for r in myrecords:
        if request.vars.has_key('id%i_price' % r.table.id):
            r.table.update_record(price=request.vars['id%i_price'%
r.table.id])

{{for record in myrecords:}}
value={{=record.table.price}}/></td>
{{pass}}