On 10 May 2011 05:04, pbreit <pbreitenb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't seem to get any of my model changes to migrate to Postgres. I've
> tried various combinations of turning migrate and fake_migrate on and off.
> Deleting and re-adding Fields(). I'm not sure what else to try or where to
> look. I still have no idea what the .table or sql.log files do. Should I
> just plan on making all of my Postgres DB changes manually? All I'm doing is
> simple column adds.

You should not have problems when you add or delete fields in the models.
 What does not work with Postgresql is when you change the type of a field.
 What I normally do in such a case is

* comment out the field in the model and reload it.
* drop the field in pgadminIII
* change the field definition, uncomment it in the model and reload it.

In some cases when I have to much trouble with this, I just do a csv-dump of
the old table, drop it using the web2py shell and if necessary use
executesql with (drop <table> cascade;) and then let web2py create it again,
delete the data for the field in the csv-file and import the csv-file.

I have also dropped the table using postgresql directly, and then deleted
the files in the application' s databases-directory which refers to the
deleted table and then let Web2py create the table again.

Regards
Johann

--
 May grace and peace be yours in abundance through the full knowledge of God
and of Jesus our Lord!  His divine power has given us everything we need for