I know this question has been asked before and I have been doing research on
the matter for a while now. I am writing an application that has some
proprietary stuff in it, and the plan is to sell the compiled w2p file. I
know that the pyc files can be decompiled. A quick trip
to http://www.depython.net/ proves just how easy it is. I might add that it
is able to construct an almost identical source file from the pyc files. Of
course, it only works for Python 2.5 and less and we have to target Python
2.4.

>From my research, one "solution" to the problem is to rewrite the
proprietary stuff in C as a Python module. Only problem is, I don't know C
that well, and rewriting the existing Python code in C would simply take too
long. I had also read about the freeze tool (since we are targeting RHEL
only for now), but I've never used it and have no idea how to use that with
web2py.

Any suggestions?