I haven't tried it, bu there's a 'generic.pdf' view template. Looks like it
takes the HTML inside the 'content' div of a rendered HTML template and
converts it to markmin and then to PDF. So, maybe try:

def export_PDF():
    results=db().select()
    return dict(results=results)

Then define an 'export_PDF.html' view to render the results in HTML, and
when you go to /app/controller/export_PDF.pdf, the generic PDF view should
convert the HTML view into a PDF. I think your HTML view will either have to
extend the default 'layout.html', or make sure the results go inside a div
with id=content for generic.pdf to work -- otherwise, you could create your
own custom export_PDF.pdf view based on generic.pdf.

You could also try http://code.google.com/p/pyfpdf/wiki/Web2Py (pyfpdf is a
contributed module that comes with web2py) or
https://github.com/lucasdavila/plugin-appreport/wiki.

Anthony