I found out the DAEMON_ARGS change should not be applied. The start branch
of the script needs both pid file options.

The --pidfile option prevents start-stop-daemon from behaving like killall
as mentioned in the Description section of the start-stop-daemon man page.
This will allow start-stop-daemon to run python if it finds another copy of
python on the system doing some other task.

The --pid_filename option to web2py is needed to actually get the
/var/run/web2py/web2py.pid file written otherwise the "service web2py stop"
command or the init state change will fail to find the copy of python
running web2py and kill it.

Please use only the line 65 patch from above. I sent Massimo the correct
patch file so he is looking at it.

Ron