I read in the docs about request.folder and not changing directory
with os.path. Since I have literally no idea how and what in python is
(and is not) thread safe, is the following thread safe? Do I need to
be using os.path.join anywhere in there?

if not os.path.exists(images+directory+resource): # <-- obviously this
being my question
        image = Image.open(images+resource)
        imgScaled = ImageOps.fit(image, (w,
h,),method=Image.ANTIALIAS)
        imgScaled.save(images+directory+resource, 'jpeg')

If it isn't, kindly point me in the right direction. =D Thanks, guys.