Yes, I have something like that already.

But I also want a user to see all the messages he has sent/received
(as a list showing sender, date, and subject), and be able to view the
entire message and reply to it upon selecting one.

Not hard stuff, just would be nice to have something already done and
polished rather than hacking my way at it from zero ...

thanks,
Luis.