On May 31, 11:10 pm, pbreit <pbreitenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as you check for its
> availability immediately before assigning it to a traveler, you'll be fine.
> Then you'll need to run a periodic job to release pending reservations that
> do not complete.

But I am not that confident about it. Allow me to quote some word from
[1].

    "I was able to exploit this race condition and create two
identical
    user records in SQLDB (In test environment, I had to add a small
    time.sleep(), but in real world such problems DO happen - for
example
    when server load is higher)."

And, in case of [1], there is a last ditch, duplicated record can be
denied if our db has a unique=True constraint. But in my booking
system case, no constraint can help. User Bob can overwrite user
Alice's booking, and we don't even have an easy way to detect and
repair that. :-/

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_frm/thread/679f353e4dd10982