On 1.96.3 I tried the new app wizard for kicks. I let everything
default except for the app name, "foobar". Wizard crashed.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "N:\web2py\gluon\restricted.py", line 188, in restricted
    exec ccode in environment
  File "N:/web2py/applications/admin/controllers/wizard.py", line 572,
in <module>
  File "N:\web2py\gluon\globals.py", line 96, in <lambda>
    self._caller = lambda f: f()
  File "N:/web2py/applications/admin/controllers/wizard.py", line 200,
in step6
    create(form.vars)
  File "N:/web2py/applications/admin/controllers/wizard.py", line 489,
in create
    file=open(meta,'wb')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'N:\\web2py\\applications
\\admin/..\\foobar\\wizard.metadata'

Personally, I think this kind of wizard should not be packaged in with
web2py at this early stage in web2py's career. I would question how
many people would actually use it and whether it would be worth the
effort to maintain.

I'm not saying it isn't useful for newbies. I am saying that web2py
newbies are probably early adopters and less likely to need or use
such a wizard. Just my 2 cents.