Clarification regarding the bio field with requires. It does let me
proceed to the next step, but will not be allowed to submit the data
after validation unless i meet the requires statement.

A bit confusing since some fields will allow me to move to next step.

One more thing, is there going to be an equivalent for
SQLFORM.factory?