On Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:20:30 AM UTC-4, GoldenTiger wrote:

> I referred to generic views by default, like
> http://web2py.com/examples/simple_examples/hello6
> and discussed recently here
>
> Invalid view in 1.97.1:
>
> https://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/c3a14f5ee0997e2a/3b6898c0e70e8dd2
>

> I agree the security issue, in fact I have thought so since ever, but
> in my opinion, It has not been taken on mind some cases affected by
> this change

Do you have a suggested alternative? I think this is a case where we cannot
both maintain backward compatibility _and_ fix the security
vulnerability. Note, if any of your apps were broken by this security fix,
you can restore those apps to their original behavior by adding just a
single line to any model file:

response.generic_patterns = ['*']

However, it would probably be wise to instead be more selective with which
generic views are available for which requested controllers/functions (which
is the intention behind the new response.generic_patterns functionality).

Anthony